The Global Sodium Sulfate Market Size Was Worth USD 1.25 Billion in 2022 and is Estimated to Grow to USD 1.76 Billion by 2030, with a CAGR of Approximately 4.40 Percent Over the Forecast Period From 2023 To 2030.
Sodium Sulfate Market Overview:
Sodium white crystalline, water-soluble sodium sulfate has the chemical formula Na2SO4. Brine and crystalline deposits can be found in many places, where natural sodium sulfate can be found in large quantities. Increasing commercial and residential demand for soaps and detergents is one of the key factors anticipated to propel market revenue growth over the forecast period. In several chemical industries, sodium sulfate in hydrous form is utilized as a fining agent. The use of sodium sulfate in medical and surgical procedures like colonoscopies is growing in popularity as a laxative. In addition, shifting consumer tastes and an increase in the demand for beautiful, distinctively printed, and colored clothing are boosting the use of sodium sulfate in the textile dyeing industry and are anticipated to fuel market revenue growth. Rising energy costs for manufacturing processes and fluctuating raw material prices are two significant issues that may eventually limit market revenue growth to some level.
When making glass, sodium sulfate plays a crucial role as a refining agent and aids in eliminating air bubbles from the molten glass. Driving forces behind the glass manufacturing sectors include rising alcohol consumption, expanding trade, and severe government regulations regulating the use of plastic. These and other factors support the worldwide sodium sulfate market’s revenue growth and are anticipated to do so over the projected period. The demand for sodium sulfate is rising in the global market due to the rising demand from the building sector and its considerable need for engineering projects. The demand for the global Sodium Sulfate Market is also predicted to increase due to the demand for powdered detergents in various countries.
The development of liquid detergents and liquid soaps that are devoid of sodium sulfate and don’t need fillers is driven by technological improvements and consumer desire for handy, simple-to-use cleaning solutions. This important aspect is anticipated to impede market revenue growth during the forecast year significantly.
The global sodium sulfate market has been segmented into products, forms, and applications.
- Based on product, the natural and synthetic are segments of the global sodium sulfate market. The presence of plentiful natural resources, expanding manufacturing processes that result in increased production of sodium sulfate as a byproduct, and simple extraction procedures are some aspects anticipated to fuel market revenue growth throughout the forecast period. However, due to the rapid technological adoption in the synthetic field, the synthetic category is expected to increase significantly over the projected period.
- Based on application, the global sodium sulfate market is segmented into soaps and detergents, textiles, glass, pulp & paper, and others based on application type. Soaps and detergents are anticipated to have the highest share of this market. Many enterprises that produce detergent utilize sodium sulfate as a filler and modify the concentration of the detergent’s active ingredients. As a drying agent, sodium sulfate is used to prevent lump formation. Detergent was the fastest-growing segment. Detergent powders with sodium sulfate are added to prevent corrosion in washing machines and dishwashers.
In 2022, Asia Pacific dominated the market for Sodium Sulfate. The sodium sulfate market is driven by rising demand from the building, construction, and solar energy industries in developing nations like India, South Korea, and Malaysia. The sodium sulfate market is being driven by its use as a fining agent to aid in removing minute air bubbles from molten glass and for thermal energy storage in solar panels. One of the largest inland floating solar PV systems in the world, the Sembcorp Tengeh Floating Solar Farm at the Tengeh Reservoir features 122,000 solar panels spread across 45 hectares and was inaugurated in July 2021 by Sembcorp Floating Solar Singapore, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sembcorp Industries (Sembcorp), and National Water Agency PUB.
The downward pressure on the world economy has once again increased after initially showing hints of improvement. The viral outbreak has increased the risk factors for the fragile global economy. According to numerous international organizations, the world economy is reportedly going through its most challenging period since the financial crisis. The COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown-related shutdown of manufacturing and extraction facilities, however, are two factors that are anticipated to restrain the global sodium sulfate market’s revenue growth throughout the forecast period.
Sodium Sulfate Market Competitive Landscape:
Some of the main competitors dominating the global sodium sulfate market include-
- Sigma-Aldrich Co LLC
- ECOBAT Technologies Ltd
- Godavari Biorefineries Ltd
- The Aditya Birla Grou
- Borden & Remington Corp
- Nippon Chemical Industrial Co
- Atul Limited
- TCI Chemicals
- Lenzing AG
- Thai Rayon
- Cooper Natural Resources
- S.A. Sulquisa
- Searles Valley Minerals
- XinLi Chemical.
- In February 2021: TENCEL modal fiber with Indigo Color Technology was introduced by Lenzing. This project aimed to improve the company’s product line for the denim sector, which is intended to promote market expansion.
- November 2020: A business deal was signed between Elementis and NXTLEVVEL Biochem to produce, develop, and market biobased goods.
Global Sodium Sulfate Market is segmented as follows:
Sodium Sulfate Market by Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Sodium Sulfate Market by Form Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Salt Cake
- Glauber’s Salt
- Niter Cake
Sodium Sulfate Market by Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Soaps and detergents
- Pulp & Paper
Sodium Sulfate Market by Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
|Sodium Sulfate Market Report Scope
|Market Size Value in 2022
|USD 1.25 billion
|Revenue Forecast in 2030
|USD 1.76 billion
|CAGR of 4.4 % from 2023 to 2030
|Base Year for Estimation
|2017 – 2022
|2023 – 2030
|Revenue in USD million and CAGR from 2023 to 2030
|Revenue forecast, company ranking, Trends
competitive landscape, and growth factors
|Product, Form, Application, and Region
|North America; Europe; Asia Pacific; Latin America; Middle East & Africa
|U.S.; Canada; U.K.; Germany; China; India; Japan; Brazil; Mexico and Others
|Key Companies Profiled
|Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC., ECOBAT Technologies Ltd, Godavari Biorefineries Ltd, The Aditya Birla Grou, Borden & Remington Corp, Intersac, Nippon Chemical Industrial Co., Atul Limited, TCI Chemicals, Lenzing AG, Thai Rayon, Cooper Natural Resources, S.A. Sulquisa, Searles Valley Minerals, and XinLi Chemical.