The Global Portable Toilets Market Size Was Worth USD 13.60 Billion in 2022 And is Estimated to Grow to USD 25 Billion By 2030, With a CAGR of Approximately 7.9 % Over the Forecast Period From 2023 To 2030.
Portable Toilets Market Introduction
A self-contained, waterless toilet system known as a porta potty or portable toilet may be put up and ready for use in under a minute. To reach the internal plastic bowl where deposits are stored until they harden into tiny feces-like masses, the user need only open the tank’s lid. There is a built-in vent at the bottom that makes it simple to remove and discard these masses.
- During the projected period, factors such as the booming industrial and commercial sectors and the improvement in the GDP of developing economies would propel the expansion of the portable toilet market. The market has grown even more as a result of increased investment in numerous industries and measures to reduce the deficit in the nation. The market footprint will also grow as renovation efforts on abandoned construction sites increase and consumer quality of life improves.
- Rising geopolitical tensions, on the other hand, are anticipated to hinder the supply chain and restrain market growth throughout the forecast period.
- The need for portable toilets in public spaces like parks, malls, and streets is also being driven by governments throughout the world having tight rules and making significant investments to offer sufficient sanitation facilities. Additionally, there is a considerable increase in the construction of social and residential infrastructure, which will likely increase demand for portable toilet rental services shortly.
The Portable Toilets Market is segmented based on its Type, and Application.
By Type Analysis: (Power/Trailer Mobile Toilet Segment is Expected to Witness Highest Growth)
By Type, the segment is divided into handling/lifting moving toilets and power/trailer mobile toilets.
- The power/trailer mobile toilet segment is anticipated to increase particularly at the most elevated CAGR. This gain is attributed to the rising demand for portable toilets at construction sites, factories, and public places. As these areas have limited space to spare for any other constructional structure, trailer mobile toilets play a significant role while delivering a hygienic defecation facility.
- Handling/lifting moving toilets is expected to witness steady growth in the coming years. This type of mobile sanitation has limited applications in the healthcare sector, thus having limited need across the global market.
By Application Analysis: Construction Sites Are Expected to Vanquish the Market in Terms of Growth Rate
By application, the market is split into construction sites, factories, public places, and others.
- The construction sites segment is expected to maintain the highest growth rate over the forecast years owing to the rising demand for portable toilets across the construction sectors. The surging infrastructural project across formed and growing economies owing to the improved living standards is the core factor for predicting the demand for mobile toilets across construction sites.
- On the other hand, manufacturing factories are desired to depict the second-highest CAGR in the forthcoming years, with the rising need for employees’ safe and hygienic defecation facilities. These toilets simplify open defecation issues across the workplace while offering better health assurance.
- Public places, such as gardens, amusement parks, entertainment places, and other commercial places, have been cleaned by incorporating these mobile toilets across the areas by the local government authorities; hence, it is anticipated to have stable market development over the forecast years.
- Moreover, the other segment inculcates healthcare centers in rural or urban areas with an average demand for portable toilets while growing steadily in the near future.
In terms of geography, the market is categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is swelled to hold the most elevated market share globally, attributed to the rising need for luxurious portable restrooms and rental services. The rising movement of hosting outside parties and weddings has surged across the region for a decade, thereby increasing the necessity for portable solutions.
- Asia Pacific is expected to notice exponential growth over the forecast period considering the surging ongoing infrastructural developments across the developing economies. China and India being the most increasingly populated nations around the world are showing a rise in the standard of living. Higher investments across residential and commercial construction projects, manufacturing centers, and other public places have been discovered. These factors are anticipated to drive the need and supply of portable restroom solutions across the province, with the need to offer the workers a safe and hygienic defecation facility.
- The North American continent is further divided into nations like the United States and Canada. Europe is further divided into the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, and the Rest of Europe. China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, South East Asia, and the rest of Asia Pacific make up the subregion of Asia Pacific. The MEA region is further separated into GCC, Turkey, South Africa, and the Rest of the MEA. The Latin America region is further divided into Brazil, Mexico, and the Rest of Latin America.
Key Companies & Market Share Insights
- Some of the key players operating in the global portable toilet market include
- Thetford (U.S.)
- Satellite Industries (U.S.)
- PolyPortables (U.K.)
- Shorelink (U.K.)
- Armal Srl (U.S.)
- Sanitech (South Africa)
- ADCO Holdings Inc. (TOI & DIXI Group GmbH) (U.S.)
- PolyJohn Enterprises (U.S.)
- Camco Manufacturing, INC. (U.S)
- Blue Bowl Sanitation Inc. (U.S.)
- NuConcepts (U.S.)
- Formit Portable Toilets (Australia)
- Ace Portable Toilets (U.S.)
- Arkansas Portable Toilets (U.S.)
Segments Covered in the Portable Toilet Market Report
This report predicts revenue growth at global, regional & country levels and delivers an analysis of the latest trends and prospects in each of the sub-segments from 2017 to 2030. For this study, Beyond Market Insights has segmented the global portable toilet market based on Type, application, and region:
- Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Handling/Lifting Moving Toilet
- Power/Trailer Mobile Toilet
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Construction Sites
- Public Places
- Others (Healthcare, etc.)
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
|Portable Toilet Market Report Scope
|Market Size Value in 2022
||USD 19.59 billion
|Revenue Forecast in 2030
||USD 36.00 billion
||CAGR of 7.9% from 2022 to 2030
|Base Year for Estimation
||2017 – 2021
||2022 – 2030
||Revenue in USD million and CAGR from 2022 to 2030
||Revenue forecast, company ranking, competitive landscape, growth factors, and trends
||Type, application, & region
||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Central & South America, the Middle East & Africa
||U.S.; U.K.; Germany; India; China; Brazil; South Africa
|Key Companies Profiled
||Thetford (U.S.), Satellite Industries (U.S.), PolyPortables (U.K.), Shorelink (U.K.), Armal Srl (U.S.), Sanitech (South Africa), ADCO Holdings Inc. (TOI & DIXI Group GmbH) (U.S.), PolyJohn Enterprises (U.S.), Camco Manufacturing, INC. (U.S), Blue Bowl Sanitation Inc. (U.S.), NuConcepts (U.S.), Formit Portable Toilets (Australia), Ace Portable Toilets (U.S.), Arkansas Portable Toilets (U.S.)