The Global Life Science Microscopy Devices Market Size Was Worth USD 1293.24 Million In 2022 And Is Estimated To Grow To USD 1742.84 Million By 2030, With A CAGR Of Approximately 3.8 % Over The Forecast Period From 2023 To 2030.
Life Science Microscopy Devices Market Overview
The life science industry provides cutting-edge innovation and technical know-how for the observation, measurement, and analysis of microstructures, satisfying the imaging needs of the scientific community. It is necessary for lab testing, research, and the healthcare sector. Other wave types, such as acoustic, X-ray, or electron beams, can enlarge an image in a microscope and can be recorded using direct, digital imaging techniques, or a mix of these. To avoid errors and repetitions, the use of microscopes for research has become essential in the area of medication development and research. Additionally, target validation, identification, and drug discovery may benefit from the digitally enhanced images that microscopes generate. Using cutting-edge microscopes to develop new methods for drug discovery, imaging diagnostics, nano-science, and structural biology is expected to drive the market for life science microscopy devices. Over the projection period, favorable growth prospects will result from increased government spending on research and development in the microbiological sector.
The research process is supported by rising healthcare costs, which propels the microscopy market to rapid expansion. The life science microscopy equipment market is primarily driven by rising R&D spending to create better and more advanced products. The market for life science microscopy devices is expanding as a result of the increasing trend of microscopy used in biomedical research. Acute infections and chronic diseases are becoming more common worldwide, driving up the demand for microscopy and fueling the market for life science microscopy equipment.
Numerous adverse aspects significantly negatively impact the growth of the global market for life science microscopy instruments. The high cost of technologically advanced microscopes is one of the main factors affecting the growth of the global market for life science microscopy devices. Additionally, the current light microscopes on the market are complex devices with a plethora of well-adjusted lenses with specific diameters. These microscopes need intricate setup procedures. The samples will be physically affected or damaged if not used properly. This is projected to hinder market expansion.
The global life science microscopy devices market is segregated based on product type, end-user, and region.
- Based on product type, the market is divided into optical microscopes (stereo microscopes, phase contrast microscopes, fluorescence microscopes, confocal scanning microscopes, and others), electron microscopes, transmission electron microscopes, scanning electron microscopes, scanning probe microscopes, atomic force microscope and scanning tunneling microscope. Among these, the optical microscopes category led the market in 2021 and is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period. High usage of such devices in academic and research institutions is one of the key factors influencing the growth of the optical microscopy devices market. A probe is used in scanning probe microscopy devices, which are expected to expand at the highest rate due to technological advancements. It allows for a highly magnified 3D analysis of the specimen.
- Based on end users, the market is divided into research laboratories and institutes, forensic and diagnostic laboratories, and biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. The research laboratories and institutes category dominated the market in 2021 because drug discovery uses microscopes. An infusion of new microscopic imaging techniques and technologies, including cutting-edge imaging equipment, is greatly improving the use of microscopes in the drug development process.
In 2021, North America dominated the life science microscopy devices market because the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries have experienced rapid growth and increasing demand for microscopic gadgets. The expansion of the life science microscopy equipment market in North America will be aided by ongoing advancements in research and development as well as the widespread application of microscopy in various fields, including cell biology, microbiology, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, and biotechnology. Furthermore, North America’s supremacy is ensured by the presence of important players and the prompt approval of medical and life science devices there.
The SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) pandemic has spread globally, prompting a global campaign to eradicate COVID-19. A novel coronavirus belonging to the arbovirus subgenus of the Coronaviridae family is called SARS-CoV-2. The RNA genome of coronaviruses is a single-stranded, positive-sense virus. One of the earliest methods used to identify coronaviruses was electron microscopy (EM), a trustworthy method for identifying viruses based on their ultrastructure. The study of virus structure and function and the fast detection of viruses in a range of samples have all benefited greatly from EM. EM has proven to be a useful tool for directing public health response during previous epidemics due to its capacity to detect unexpected and unsuspected species. However, a progressive improvement in the situation is anticipated during the projection period.
Life Science Microscopy Devices Market: Competitive Landscape
- Some of the main competitors dominating the global life science microscopy devices market include– Olympus Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Nikon Corporation, Carl Zeiss AG, Keyence Corporation, JEOL Ltd., Bruker, Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation, Leica Microsystems, and F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd.
Global Life Science Microscopy Devices Market is segmented as follows:
Life Science Microscopy Devices Market By Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Optical Microscopes
- Electron Microscopes
- Transmission Electron Microscope
- Scanning Electron Microscope
- Scanning Probe Microscopes
- Atomic Force Microscope
- Scanning Tunneling Microscope
Life Science Microscopy Devices Market By End User Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Research Laboratories and Institutes
- Forensic and Diagnostic Laboratories
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies
Life Science Microscopy Devices Market By Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Life Science Microscopy Devices Market Report Scope
|Market Size Value in 2022
||USD 1293.24 million
|Revenue Forecast in 2030
||USD 1742.84 million
||CAGR of 3.8 % from 2023 to 2030
|Base Year for Estimation
||2017 – 2022
||2023 – 2030
||Revenue in USD million and CAGR from 2023 to 2030
||Revenue forecast, company ranking, Trends
competitive landscape, and growth factors
||Product Type, End Users, and Region
||North America; Europe; Asia Pacific; Latin America; Middle East & Africa
||U.S.; Canada; U.K.; Germany; China; India; Japan; Brazil; Mexico and Others
|Key Companies Profiled
||Olympus Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Nikon Corporation, Carl Zeiss AG, Keyence Corporation, JEOL Ltd., Bruker, Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation, Leica Microsystems, and F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd.