The Global Hot Runner Market Size Was Worth USD 3.70 Billion In 2022 And Is Estimated to Grow to USD 6.50 Billion By 2030, With A CAGR Of Approximately 7.3 % Over the Forecast Period From 2023 To 2030.
Hot Runner Market Overview
A hot runner is a commercial feed tool used to transmit molten plastic into the holes of mold tools during the production of various plastic items. It comprises hot valves, flow control mechanisms, manifold plates, and nozzles. The material is kept molten on the containers using the manifold heating system until it flows into the mold cavity. Hot runners are frequently offered with valve gates and open gates. Due to the swift industrial development and strong demand for injection-molded plastic items from the automotive and healthcare industries, the global market for hot runners is expanding. The global hot runner market is expanding due to the growing trend toward automated plastic processing and packaging to increase productivity and efficiency. The major players also produce hot runners with an electronic valve gate to assure energy efficiency, further boosting the industry’s growth. The usage of hot runners is predicted to result in enhanced energy efficiency and cost savings, which will fuel the market’s expansion.
Supply chains are still being impacted by the pandemic scenario, which has swiftly changed. The economy has been paralyzed throughout the regions due to this predicament. However, in the first and second quarters of 2020, the global hot runner market experienced a little decline due to customers’ declining demand for plastic and the closure of manufacturing facilities.
Hot runner system demand is anticipated to increase over the projected period due to increased demand for injection molded parts of the highest quality in the automotive, manufacturing, retail, and food & beverage sectors. Currently, the automobile industry is concentrating on lightening the load of cars to cut emissions, mainly CO2. To boost engine efficiency and achieve the best emissions, manufacturers are thus substituting plastic for metal in the parts of automobiles. The storage of goods with a long shelf life is also a priority for merchants. Manufacturing firms are using high-quality plastic packaging to protect food from deterioration so that the product may be sustained for longer, thus advancing the hot market trends.
Over the projection period, the industry’s growth is anticipated to be hampered by the availability of alternatives to hot runners. However, constraints limiting market growth throughout the projection period include an unskilled labor force and escalating rivalry in the injection molding sector.
The global hot runner market is segregated based on gate type, product type, end-use industry, and region.
- Based on gate type, the market is divided into valve gate hot runners and open gate hot runners. Among these, the valve gate hot runner category led the market in 2022 and is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period. This is primarily because molds with lower cavitation and high levels of precision and repeatability need simple, inexpensive solutions that are simple to integrate into the mold. Increased use of value gate runners in the automobile industry due to their capacity to function in challenging conditions. As a result, the market for value gate runners is anticipated to experience significant expansion during the forecast period.
- Based on the end-use industry, the market is divided into automotive, electronic, medical, packaging, and others. The automotive category dominated the market in 2022 due to the global increase in demand for lightweight automobiles. It has been noted that the automotive sector prefers to use cutting-edge hot runner technology to modify the exterior, interior, lighting, and under-the-hood spare parts of automobiles. In addition, plastic glazing technology has improved the manufacturing of transparent surfaces for the automotive industry, replacing glass with polycarbonate.
- In 2022, the Asia Pacific dominated the market for hot runners. The growth in this area is attributable to several factors, including an increase in the demand for foods with hard packaging and sustainable ingredients, the expansion of the manufacturing sector, particularly in China, India, and Japan, and the e-commerce sector. As an illustration, in 2018, the Asia Pacific region saw e-commerce sales reach USD 649 billion. A further factor supporting the expansion of the hot runner industry is the employment of technologically advanced packing techniques in this region, such as packaging that uses radio-frequency identification to report inventory movement and location. The largest concentration of domestic hot runner makers, both registered and unregistered, is found in China, where they are widely distributed.
Hot Runner Market Competitive Landscape
- Some of the main competitors dominating the global hot runner market include-
- Barnes Group Inc.
- CACO PACIFIC Corporation
- EWIKON Heißkanalsysteme GmbH
- Fast Heat UK Limited
- FISA Corporation
- GÜNTHER Heisskanaltechnik GmbH
- Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd.
- INCOE Corporation
- Inglass S.p.A (OC Oerlikon Management AG)
- Milacron Holdings Corp. (Hillenbrand Inc.)
- Seiki Corporation
- Yudo Co. Ltd.
- April 2019: For the cost-effective manufacture of huge parts for automobiles, appliances, logistics, and many other comparable applications, Milacron introduced the Fusion-Series G2 hot runner.
Global Hot Runner Market is segmented as follows:
Hot Runner Market by Gate Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
- Valve Gate Hot Runner
- Open Gate Hot Runner
Hot Runner Market by Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
- Insulated Runner
- Heated Runner
Hot Runner Market by End-Use Industry Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
Hot Runner Market by Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Hot Runner Market Report Scope
|Market Size Value in 2022
||USD 3.7 billion
|Revenue Forecast in 2030
||USD 6.5 billion
||CAGR of 7.3 % from 2023 to 2030
|Base Year for Estimation
||2017 – 2022
||2023 – 2030
||Revenue in USD million and CAGR from 2023 to 2030
||Revenue forecast, company ranking, Trends
competitive landscape, and growth factors
||Gate Type, Product Type, End-User, and Region
||North America; Europe; Asia Pacific; Latin America; Middle East & Africa
||U.S.; Canada; U.K.; Germany; China; India; Japan; Brazil; Mexico and Others
|Key Companies Profiled
||Barnes Group Inc., CACO PACIFIC Corporation, EWIKON Heißkanalsysteme GmbH, Fast Heat UK Limited, FISA Corporation, GÜNTHER Heisskanaltechnik GmbH, Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd., INCOE Corporation, Inglass S.p.A (OC Oerlikon Management AG), Milacron Holdings Corp. (Hillenbrand Inc.), Seiki Corporation and Yudo Co. Ltd