The Global Hematology Analyzer Market Size Was Worth USD 2.25 Billion In 2022 And is Estimated to Grow to USD 3.99 Billion by 2030, With a CAGR of Approximately 7.45 % Over the Forecast Year From 2023 To 2030.
Hematology Analyzer Market Overview
Hematology analyzers are highly specialized, computerized devices that count the quantity of various red and white blood cell types, blood platelets, hemoglobin levels, and hematocrit in a blood sample. They include automated alarm systems that can be programmed to sound when findings are outside the reference range. Hematology analyzers are widely used to combat blood-related diseases like hemophilia, blood cancer, and blood clots. They are concerned with disease detection, monitoring, prognosis, and subsequent screening. The market is expanding due to the rising prevalence of blood illnesses like anemia, blood malignancies, hemorrhagic conditions, and infections in the blood. The market for hematology analyzers are also expected to rise due to technological developments, increased demand for automated hematology analyzers, and a growing preference for high-sensitivity hematology analyzers. But because of their sophisticated features and automation, hematology analyzers are expensive, which could restrain the market’s expansion.
The global focus on hematology parameters for evaluating COVID-19 benefits the market for hematology analyzers. Many hospitals have started employing hematological analyzers to screen and monitor COVID-19 patients without spreading the virus, and other studies are being conducted in research institutions. Some research investigations from China suggested integrating white blood cells (WBC) and C-reactive protein (CRP) in laboratory examinations for early infection monitoring to practically and effectively screen huge populations for COVID-19 infection.
The market for hematology analyzers is expected to expand primarily due to factors including the rising incidence of blood disorders and the rising number of blood donations. Hemophilia affected more than 210,000 persons in 2018, which rose to around 324,000 in 2019. Additionally, the growing application of hematology analyzers in genetic therapies, bleeding diseases, stem cell research, proteomics, and other research and development activities is anticipated to fuel market expansion. Additionally, elements like the expansion of public awareness and the fusion of diagnostic laboratory chains are anticipated to fuel market expansion throughout the forecast year.
It is anticipated that tough competition between the current players and the high cost of hematology analyzers will restrain the industry’s growth. Furthermore, during the projection period, market growth is anticipated to be constrained by the time-consuming and stringent regulatory criteria for hematological instruments. One of the major obstacles to the market’s expansion is the price of the new hematology analyzing devices compared to the analyzers already on the market and the fact that less demand exists for these automated products in the world’s undeveloped and emerging countries.
Hematology Analyzer Market: Segmentation
The global hematology analyzer market is segregated based on product & service, type, end user, and region.
- Based on product & service, the market is divided into instruments, reagents & consumables, and services. Among these, the instruments category led the market in 2022 and is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period. This is a result of these instruments’ rising recognition on a global scale. Hematology analyzers are used to test blood samples. They are used in the medical field for coagulation assays, complete blood counts, reticulocyte analyses, and white blood cell counts. Hematology analyzers for human and animal blood are available, making them ideal for research institutions, zoos, and veterinarians. One hematological analyzer may not have the other’s closed vial testing or open sampling testing.
- Based on end-user, the market is divided into hospitals, clinical laboratories, research institutes, and others. The hospital category dominated the market in 2022. The discovery of aberrant hemoglobin and cytochemistries in the bone marrow and blood, as well as the increased prevalence of blood illnesses such as hereditary spherocytosis, chronic lead poisoning, sickle cell disease, and granulomatous disease, are all factors that contribute to this segment’s dominance.
Hematology Analyzer Market: Regional Landscape
In 2022, North America dominated the hematology analyzer market due to an increase in discretionary income. Additionally, during the projected period, the adoption of automated hematology equipment by diagnostic laboratories would contribute to the expansion of the regional hematology analyzer market. The significant presence of a well-developed healthcare infrastructure, rising investment in R&D activities, growing acceptance of these technologies, and supportive government measures are primarily responsible for the growth. Additionally, the region’s growth is further fueled by the region’s advantageous reimbursement policies, high rate of R&D activities, rising target disease prevalence, rising incidence of patients with blood disorders, and rising need for blood transfusions.
Hematology Analyzer Market: Competitive Landscape
Some of the main competitors dominating the global hematology analyzer market include– Abbott Laboratories, Danaher Corporation (Beckman Coulter Inc.), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Boule Diagnostics AB, F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Hobira Ltd, Nihon Kohden Corporation, Siemens Healthineers, Stratec SE (Diatron MI Plc.), and Sysmex Corporation.
- February 2022: Abbott made history by implanting the first dual-chamber leadless pacemaker in a patient as part of its significant clinical research project, AVEIR DR i2i. A notable advancement in leadless pacing technology was made with the initial global implant of Abbott’s experimental Aveir dual-chamber leadless pacemaker.
- February 2021: A tabletop hematology analyzer called the DxH 560 AL had been made available by Beckman Coulter.
Global Hematology Analyzer Market is segmented as follows:
Hematology Analyzer Market with Product & Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017-2030)
- Reagents & Consumables
Hematology Analyzer Market by Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017-2030)
- Fully-Automated Hematology Analyzers
- Semi-automated Hematology Analyzers
Hematology Analyzer Market by End User Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017-2030)
- Clinical Laboratories
- Research Institutes
Hematology Analyzer Market by Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017-2030)
- North America
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
|Hematology Analyzer Market Report Scope
|Market Size Value in 2023
||USD 2.41 billion
|Revenue Forecast in 2030
||USD 3.99 billion
||CAGR of 7.45 % from 2023 to 2030
|Base Year for Estimation
||2017 – 2022
||2023 – 2030
||Revenue in USD million and CAGR from 2023 to 2030
||Revenue forecast, company ranking, Trends
competitive landscape, and growth factors
||Product & Service, Type, End User, and Region
||North America; Europe; Asia Pacific; Latin America; Middle East & Africa
||U.S.; Canada; UK; Germany; France; Italy; Spain; China; India; Japan; Australia; South Korea; Brazil; Mexico; Argentina; UAE; Saudi Arabia; South Africa
|Key Companies Profiled
||Abbott Laboratories, Danaher Corporation (Beckman Coulter Inc.), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Boule Diagnostics AB, F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Hobira Ltd, Nihon Kohden Corporation, Siemens Healthineers, Stratec SE (Diatron MI Plc.), and Sysmex Corporation