The Global Law Enforcement Software Market Size Was Worth USD 16.18 Billion In 2023 And Is Estimated to Grow To USD 30.55 Billion By 2030, With A CAGR Of Approximately 9.50 % Over the Forecast Period 2023 To 2030.
Law Enforcement Software Market Overview
Software used by law enforcement agencies to collect, record, store, and share data related to criminal investigations. It ensures that all court records, including gathering evidence, are securely maintained and communicated with relevant authorities. The law enforcement software is specifically made to streamline and increase efficiency in the investigation, threat detection, evidence management, and safety operations of law enforcement agencies, legal agencies, and public safety organizations. On the other hand, it is anticipated that adopting automation technologies and cloud deployment will lead to more opportunities throughout the projected period. However, the government’s tight data security regulations restrain the market expansion of law enforcement software.
International law enforcement and governmental organizations are collaborating to maintain public order and stop the COVID-19 virus from spreading within communities. To help law enforcement authorities safeguard the public, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the U.S. and other organizations worldwide have issued guidelines. In response to the worldwide epidemic, governments worldwide have imposed restrictions on the public in high-traffic areas, started community outreach programs, implemented statewide lockdowns, restricted access to government buildings, and taken other preventive measures. Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, law enforcement organizations face challenges with communication, infrastructure management, public health rule enforcement, and altered crime and service patterns.
Law Enforcement Software Market Drivers:
Community-oriented policing is a strategic choice taken by law enforcement agencies that enables them to work closely with the community and improve the quality of life for its citizens. The security and safety needs of communities must be determined, and community-oriented policing encourages individuals to cooperate with law enforcement to lower crime. Law enforcement agencies have been quickly embracing community policing strategies over the past several years to increase the effectiveness of the police force in both preventing and responding to criminal events. As a result, this component will spur the use of law enforcement software. The increased emphasis on community-oriented policing helps law enforcement personnel investigate crimes and rapidly bring offenders to justice.
Law Enforcement Software Market: Restraints
Law enforcement agencies worldwide give security and intelligence a lot of attention. Intelligence helps law enforcement agencies successfully solve crimes. However, security makes sure that crucial information is in the right hands. Through their surveillance operations, law enforcement organizations can gather a lot of information about crimes or criminal behavior before they take place, which helps them prove that the crime took place.
Law Enforcement Software Market: Segmentation
The global Law enforcement software market has been segmented into components, solutions, services, and deployment types.
- Based on service, the market for law enforcement software is divided into implementation, consulting, and training and support. In 2021, the implementation service segment dominated the market. By using implementation services, organizations may avoid the difficulties of adopting and integrating technological solutions for law enforcement. They make it possible for law enforcement organizations and agencies to use more modern technology to safeguard and safeguard society. The procedure entails assessing the agencies’ demands, comprehending the current systems’ operational functions, and incorporating value-added features by the necessary specifications.
- Based on the deployment type, the market is segmented into cloud and on-premises. In 2021, the on-premises segment dominated the market. Solutions are placed on hardware that is housed on the grounds of the law enforcement agency in an on-premises deployment. When using the on-premises approach, the whole solution’s lifecycle occurs inside the agency’s physical infrastructure, from implementation to operation. Law enforcement officials may manually control the computer infrastructure and data setup, maintenance, and security and have physical access to crucial case information. Since they deal with essential data, many law enforcement and public safety organizations are selecting this deployment strategy even though on-premises solutions are less expensive than cloud-based ones.
Law Enforcement Software Market: Regional Landscape
Due to the presence of big firms that provide sophisticated solutions and make significant investments in technologies like A.I. and ML, the North American region led the global market for law enforcement software in 2021 and is predicted to continue doing so over the forecast period. Nevertheless, Asia-Pacific is anticipated to have substantial development over the forecast period for the law enforcement software market. The market for law enforcement software is expected to grow as people become more aware of its value and as the number of cybercrimes increases.
Law Enforcement Software Market: Competitive Landscape
Some of the main competitors dominating the global law enforcement software market include-
- IBM Corporation (US)
- Accenture Plc (Ireland)
- Motorola Solutions Inc (US)
- Axon Enterprise Inc (Australia)
- NICE Ltd (Israel)
- Esri (US)
- Oracle (US)
- Nuance Communication (US)
- Palantir Technologies Inc (US)
- Numerica Corporation (US)
- Hexagon Safety and Infrastructure (US)
- Genetec (Canada)
- In March 2023, Motorola Solutions unveiled the latest Avigilon Security Suite, which delivers secure, scalable, and adaptable video security and access management to enterprises of all sizes globally. The Avigilon security suite includes the on-premises Avigilon Unity and cloud-native Avigilon Alta systems.
- In November 2022, Oracle established a new technology platform for law enforcement and first responders. The platform delivers software and a unified hardware suite for extracting data silos and empowers first responders with real-time information to eradicate busy manual work which in turn can help in taking more accurate decisions. The suite contains an information command center, law enforcement records, jail management software, body-worn devices, and real-time video communication tools.
- In August 2021, the decision-making system, Genetec Mission Control, emitted a new version. Tracking important data during active issues, producing robust automation, and auditing occurrences are all simplified in version 3.0.2. Moreover, it improves Mission Control’s supervision capabilities, lowering security risks and the need for administrative participation in regular movements.
Global Law Enforcement Software Market is segmented as follows:
Law Enforcement Software Market By Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
Law Enforcement Software Market by Solution Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
- Computer-aided dispatch
- Case Management
- Record Management
- Jail Management
- Incident Response
- Digital Policing
Law Enforcement Software Market by Services Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
- Training and Support
Law Enforcement Software Market by Deployment Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
Law Enforcement Software Market by Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
|Law Enforcement Software Market Report Scope
|Market Size Value in 2023
||USD 16.18 billion
|Revenue Forecast in 2030
||USD 30.55 billion
||CAGR of 9.5 % from 2023 to 2030
|Base Year for Estimation
||2017 – 2022
||2023 – 2030
||Revenue in USD million and CAGR from 2023 to 2030
||Revenue forecast, company ranking, Trends
competitive landscape, and growth factors
||Component, Solution, Services, Deployment Type, and Region
||North America; Europe; Asia Pacific; Latin America; Middle East & Africa
||U.S.; Canada; U.K.; Germany; China; India; Japan; Brazil; Mexico and Others
|Key Companies Profiled
||IBM Corporation (US), Accenture Plc (Ireland), Motorola Solutions Inc (US), Axon Enterprise Inc (Australia), NICE Ltd (Israel), Esri (US), Oracle (US), Nuance Communication (US), Palantir Technologies Inc (US), Numerica Corporation (US), Hexagon Safety and Infrastructure (US), Genetec (Canada)