The Global Gluten-free Products Market Was Worth USD 6.48 Billion In 2022, is expected to reach USD 7.12 Billion in 2023, And is Estimated to Grow to USD 13.79 Billion by 2030, With a CAGR of Approximately 9.9 % Over the Forecast Period From 2023 To 2030.
Gluten-Free Products Market Overview
A gluten-free diet excludes foods containing gluten, a protein found in wheat, and several other grains. It means eating only whole foods that don’t contain gluten, such as vegetables, fruits, meat, and eggs, and processed gluten-free foods like gluten-free bread or pasta. The gluten-free products market is projected to rise due to shifting customer preferences for a healthy lifestyle and rising allergy awareness. The growth of the market is expected to be constrained, nevertheless, by a lack of knowledge about celiac disease. The market expansion for gluten-free products is also anticipated to be hampered by the long wait time for government approval. However, the market for gluten-free products is anticipated to experience tremendous growth due to the increased demand from the fast food and convenience food industries. At the same time, the industry for gluten-free products faces significant challenges because of strict requirements for new launches.
The COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a modest and unfavorable effect on the global market for gluten-free products. Due to constrained supply chain operations, manufacturers cannot procure raw materials and produce items to fulfill demand. Moreover, due to government activities like lockdowns, production factories halted due to the limited workforce available. Global businesses are experiencing trouble importing and exporting finished items due to limited global commercial activity. The market and the entire supply chain have suffered due to all these factors. However, a rise in customers who choose gluten-free and other free-from meals due to the pandemic is anticipated to result in a positive growth trend for gluten-free products.
The demand for gluten-free products has significantly increased in the global market, particularly in the bakery and fast food sectors. This industry focuses on offering gluten-free products to people who are allergic to eating anything containing gluten. The global market is expanding due to changing tastes, a rising millennial demand, and an increasing desire for gluten-free snacks. Moreover, the availability of gluten-free products in retail outlets has boosted the market’s expansion globally. Products free of gluten can be purchased from various retail outlets, including pharmacies, drugstores, specialized shops, and convenience stores.
Gluten-Free Products Market: Restraints
The general public is moving toward gluten-free dietary patterns due to several health benefits. However, this does not mean that a gluten-free diet is necessarily healthier. Fats and sugar are added to match these gluten-free ingredients’ taste, texture, and feel or flours to conventional gluten-containing ingredients, which can lead to human health issues. Since gluten-free products are frequently manufactured with low-fiber refined flour and starches, like white rice flour, tapioca starch, corn starch, and potato starch, many people who follow a gluten-free diet are switching to low-fiber eating plans.
Gluten-Free Products Market: Segmentation
The global gluten-free products market has been segmented into type, distribution channel, and form.
- Based on type, the bakery products, bread, rolls, buns, and cakes, cookies, crackers, wafers, and biscuits, baking mixes and flours, snacks & RTE products, condiments & dressings, pizzas & pasta, and other types are segments of the global gluten-free products market. In 2011, the bakery products category dominated the market, and it is anticipated that it will continue to dominate during the forecast period. Rising consumer awareness of the advantages of a healthy diet that includes natural, organic, and gluten-free foods is expected to boost the segment’s expansion. Additionally, factors including the availability of a broad selection of products with continuous innovation are anticipated to impact growth in the years to come favorably. The market for bakery goods is primarily driven by an increase in the demand for gluten-free bread. Packaged bread manufacturers, most notably Warburtons, the major firm in the United Kingdom, are developing free-from sub-brands of their main brands to meet this growing demand. These sub-brands are becoming more and more well-liked by consumers from all socioeconomic levels.
- Based on the distribution channel, the global gluten-free products market is segmented into conventional stores, grocery stores, mass merchandisers, warehouse clubs, online retailers, specialty stores, bakery stores, confectionery stores, gourmet stores, and drugstores & pharmacies. Most gluten-free goods buyers favored traditional retailers. It is ascribed to elements like the simplicity of entering stores, the availability of many product categories, and frequent shopping locations. Because of this, the market for gluten-free goods has been dominated by this category, which is also expected to develop at the fastest rate over the next several years.
Gluten-Free Products Market: Regional Landscape
- In 2022, the market was led by North America, which also contributed the largest portion of revenue. Foods without gluten are thought to improve digestion, reduce cholesterol, and promote weight loss. Over the projection period, these factors are anticipated to increase demand. Additionally, it’s expected that their widespread availability in practically all grocery stores would increase consumption, particularly in the United States. In the United States, the market is expected to grow as more individuals become aware of celiac disease. A gluten-free diet is thought to help those without the condition as well since it lowers cardiovascular risks.
Gluten-Free Products Market: Competitive Landscape
Some of the main competitors dominating the global gluten-free products market include
- Conagra Brands, Inc.
- The Hain Celestial Group Inc.
- General Mills Inc.
- Kellogg Co.
- The Kraft Heinz Company
- Hero AG
- Barilla G. e R. Fratelli S.p.A
- Seitz glutenfrei
- Freedom Foods Group Limited
- March 2022: Eugene, Ore., Alden’s Organic announced five new methods to spice up customer snacking routines to start the year. Because the dairy-free, gluten-free, portion-controlled frozen treats are made with certified organic ingredients, consumers can feel good about them.
- March 2022: Base Culture, a rapidly expanding company of gluten-free, grain-free, paleo bread and baked goods, was thrilled to introduce Keto Certified Baked Breakfast Squares at this year’s Natural Products Expo West.
Global Gluten-Free Products Market is segmented as follows:
Gluten-Free Products Market by Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Bakery products
- Bread, rolls, buns, and cakes
- Cookies, crackers, wafers, and biscuits
- Baking mixes and flour
- Snacks & RTE products
- Condiments & dressings
- Pizzas & pasta
- Other types
Gluten-Free Products Market by Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Convenience Stores
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
Gluten-Free Products Market by Source Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Rice & corn
- Oilseeds & pulses
Gluten-Free Products Market by Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Gluten-Free Products Market Report Scope
|Market Size Value in 2022
||USD 6.48 billion
|Revenue Forecast in 2030
||USD 13.79 billion
||CAGR of 9.9 % from 2023 to 2030
|Base Year for Estimation
||2017 – 2022
||2023 – 2030
||Revenue in USD million and CAGR from 2023 to 2030
||Revenue forecast, company ranking, Trends
competitive landscape, and growth factors
||Product Type, Distribution Channel, Source and Region
||North America; Europe; Asia Pacific; Latin America; Middle East & Africa
||U.S.; Canada; UK; Germany; France; Italy; Spain; China; India; Japan; Australia; South Korea; Brazil; Mexico; Argentina; UAE; Saudi Arabia; South Africa
|Key Companies Profiled
||Conagra Brands, Inc.; The Hain Celestial Group Inc.; General Mills Inc.; Kellogg Co.; The Kraft Heinz Company; Hero AG; Barilla G. e R. Fratelli S.p.A; Seitz glutenfrei; Freedom Foods Group Limited; and Ecotone.