The Global Electric Toothbrush Market Size Was Worth USD 3.93 Billion in 2022 and is Estimated to Grow to USD 7.94 Billion by 2030, with a CAGR of Approximately 9.2 % Over the Forecast Period From 2023 To 2030.
Electric Toothbrush Market Overview
An electric toothbrush commonly referred to as a “power toothbrush,” is a tool that uses quick and automatic bristle motions to clean the teeth, tongue, and gums. This toothbrush is efficient at removing plaque and lessening the effects of gingivitis because it typically rotates and moves the head from side to side. There is an increasing need for oral hygiene and health among the world’s population. This factor is accelerating the use of electric toothbrushes globally. Using the product will experience less dental decay, maintain healthy gums, and keep your teeth strong. It is anticipated that the key companies’ increasing advertising spending will play a significant role in clearing the way for accelerating the consumption rate in the market. Major industry participants are also undertaking initiatives to inform and increase public awareness of the need for dental care. Additionally, several organizations, including the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO), are launching campaigns and raising awareness of the need for proper dental hygiene. These elements are predicted to fuel market expansion throughout the projection period.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a massive and unprecedented global impact, with electric toothbrush sales plummeting in every region. To eliminate the necessity for routine shopping, the COVID-19 pandemic motivates consumers to spend more on necessities like electric toothbrushes. The fact that the Internet business sector is still providing top-notch services in numerous nations worldwide substantially impacts the surge in demand. The impact of COVID-19 has been unprecedented and astounding, and because of the epidemic, fewer people are buying electric toothbrushes through traditional distribution channels worldwide. The Covid-19 outbreak, however, caused customers to favor Internet shopping platforms over traditional distribution channels when buying electric toothbrushes. Additionally, after the Covid-19 epidemic, individuals have grown more conscious of their cleanliness and health. The demand for electric toothbrushes was influenced favorably by these elements. However, the market was impeded by the closure of production facilities and the disruption of the supply chain as a result of the extended lockdown.
The market has been significantly boosted, partly by the convenient charging options available with these electric toothbrushes. The poor eating habits of today’s youth have led to a surge in dental diseases, boosting sales of this cutting-edge equipment. Due to the government’s expanding facilities and assistance, numerous new developments and advancements are being made to improve people’s lives. Giving them a way to make money in these newly established enterprises has also helped lower unemployment among the populace. The major market players have given particular attention to oral hygiene by undertaking quick research and development to offer the most effective service.
The market demand and sales of electric toothbrushes have been impeded by the general public’s need for more knowledge about cutting-edge technology used for oral healthcare. Electric toothbrushes are more expensive than conventional ones already on the market. Due to the electric circuits, it contains, maintaining an electric toothbrush can be rather challenging. After buying an electric vehicle, further expenditures for batteries and electricity are necessary. The replacement services that come with an electric purchase could be more persuasive.
Electric Toothbrush Market: Segmentation
The global electric toothbrush market has been segmented into bristle type, head movement, and end-use industry.
- Based on the bristle type, the global electric toothbrush market is divided into soft bristles and nanometer bristles. Soft bristles electric toothbrush was predicted to significantly dominate the industry with the largest market share in 2022. This is due to the growing demand for it among people due to a rise in tooth sensitivity cases. Using a soft bristle has more advantages than other varieties, making it a common choice. The rising demand for bristles has greatly helped the industry with softer tips. The need for soft bristles has also increased because of the rising popularity of cosmetic dental procedures. After the necessary operations are completed, the demand for soft bristles increases as more people have their teeth realigned to improve their facial structure.
- Based on head movement, the market is classified into sonic/side-to-side and rotation/oscillation. The rotation/oscillation segment dominated the market in 2022. It gives the person’s mouth cavity the most movement possible. This technology makes it feasible to clean as effectively as possible despite the wrist’s limited range of motion. It offers a better cleaning method and makes stain removal simple and labor-saving.
Electric Toothbrush Market: Regional Landscape
North America dominated the global electric toothbrush market in 2022. This is majorly due to an increasing consumer propensity to purchase electric goods and appliances. Moreover, the industry is expanding due to existing businesses’ strong presence in the area. Additionally, manufacturers are putting a lot of effort into establishing different promotions and advertising tactics, which in turn, drives the market in North America. Furthermore, manufacturers are encouraged to engage in research and development to create technologically improved items because of the rising demand for oral care products. Electric toothbrushes’ ability to be recharged ensures their longevity and durability. Therefore, the longevity of electric toothbrushes encourages market expansion. The market landscape is evolving due to the increasing market share of electric toothbrush start-ups across the region.
Electric Toothbrush Market: The Competitive Landscape
Some of the major competitors dominating the global electric toothbrush market include
- Colgate Palmolive Company
- Panasonic Corporation
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Procter and Gamble Co.
- Water Pik, Inc.
- Shenzhen Risun Technology Co. Ltd.
- SONIC Chic
- JSB Healthcare.
- March 2022: The newest version of its technologically advanced toothbrush, the “Oral-B iO10” with iOSense, has been introduced by Procter & Gamble’s Oral-B brand. With the launch of other versions called iO4 and iO5 that will be sold for less than USD 100, the company is also making the Oral-B iO portfolio more affordable for more consumers.
Global Electric Toothbrush Market is segmented as follows:
Electric Toothbrush Market by Bristle Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Electric Toothbrush Market by Head Movement Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Electric Toothbrush Market by End User Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Electric Toothbrush Market by Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
|Electric Toothbrush Market Report Scope
|Market Size Value in 2022
||USD 3.93 billion
|Revenue Forecast in 2030
||USD 7.94 billion
||CAGR of 9.2 % from 2023 to 2030
|Base Year for Estimation
||2017 – 2022
||2023 – 2030
||Revenue in USD million and CAGR from 2023 to 2030
||Revenue forecast, company ranking, Trends
competitive landscape, and growth factors
||Bristle Type, Head Movement, End-User, and Region
||North America; Europe; Asia Pacific; Latin America; Middle East & Africa
||U.S.; Canada; U.K.; Germany; China; India; Japan; Brazil; Mexico and Others
|Key Companies Profiled
||Colgate Palmolive, Panasonic, FOREO, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Procter and Gamble Co., Water Pik, Inc., Mornwell, Shenzhen Risun Technology Co. Ltd., SONIC Chic, and JSB Healthcare.