The Global Copper Paste Market Size was Worth USD 280.20 Million in 2022 and is Estimated to Grow to USD 669.38 Million by 2030, with a CAGR of Approximately 11.5 % Over the Forecast Years From 2023 To 2030.
Copper Paste Market Overview
A high-temperature anti-seize lubricant is copper paste. A smooth, copper-colored paste made of micronized copper powder and additives that work together to prevent oxidation, corrosion, and wear while being suspended in high-quality, stable oil. It is an anti-seize composition, guarding against metal-to-metal contact, galling, and fretting corrosion. With strong conducting properties and a low price, copper paste can also be employed in the power electronics and solar industries. The rising need for copper alloys in various applications, including cars, planes, wind turbines, and electronic devices, is primarily responsible for the expansion of the market for copper paste. The rise is also aiding the expansion of the copper paste market in construction activities worldwide.
There are a lot of parts in various devices and vehicles that are exposed to a lot of static and temperature stress. They must therefore endure intense heat and heavy pressure. These lumps frequently grab onto other chunks, burn into them, or scale and rust. With the paste, protection against these high-stress effects can be established. This adjusting paste is perfect for all metallic pieces where a powerful and flexible output is desired. This feature contributes to the copper paste market’s growth because it is in high demand among end users involved in the manufacture of automobiles.
The copper paste cannot be used on aluminum components. Copper and aluminum retaliate. The reaction between copper and aluminum is called galvanic corrosion. As a result, the metal formation is significantly impacted. The copper-powder paste shouldn’t be used to grease rolling bearings. The rolling surfaces of the bearings can always be harmed and destroyed by the paste’s parts. Because of this, the rolling bearings operate inefficiently, leading to a proportional element breakdown. Cost, availability, and performance are some significant issues that the market for copper paste must contend with. The largest obstacle is cost because it must be reasonable for widespread adoption. Because it must resist extreme environmental conditions, availability is another problem. Performance is also problematic because the paste must stick to various surfaces.
The global copper paste market is segregated based on type, application, and region.
- Based on type, the market is divided into low-temperature sintered, medium-temperature sintered, and high-temperature sintering. Among these, the low-temperature sintered category led the market in 2021 and is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period. Low-temperature sintered copper paste is the least expensive and weakest type of copper paste. Copper is heated until it becomes a liquid, then pressed into the desired shape to create it. This kind of copper paste works well for soldering and plumbing tasks that don’t require a lot of tenacity or durability. Besides, the medium-temperature sintered category is anticipated to grow significantly over the forecast period as it is more expensive and durable than low-temperature sintered copper paste. It is created by slowly cooling liquid copper after it has been heated till it becomes a liquid. This kind of copper paste works well for construction materials and other items exposed to harsh environments since they require a little bit of strength and endurance.
- Based on application, the market is divided into PCB, MLCC, and others. The MLCC category dominated the market in 2021. To prevent corrosion on different electrical components, the copper paste is a sort of electrical insulation. It is also employed as a heat sink to remove the heat generated by the component. Metal-lead-copper (MLCC), metal-tin-copper (MTCC), and metal-oxide-copper are only a few of the formulations of copper paste that are available (MOAC). Each composition has benefits and drawbacks of its own. For instance, MLCC is less flexible than MTCC or MOAC but has superior heat conductivity.
Copper Paste Market Regional Landscape
- In 2022, the Asia Pacific dominated the market for copper paste. The copper paste insulates structures, cables, and other electrical equipment. Concrete joints and cracks are also sealed using it. These explanations explain why copper paste is becoming more and more common in this area. Expanded end-term production in the Asia Pacific region is anticipated to have a significant role in the copper paste market share over the projected year. Furthermore, it is envisaged that government initiatives, programs, and strategies will guide the copper paste market’s expansion in the area. Additionally, a rise in orders for this product from various long-term customers spread across the globe is accelerating market expansion.
Most of the market’s industries were forced to halt operations and transactions due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The businesses had to close due to the many limitations that different countries worldwide imposed during the start of the pandemic. Uncertainty regarding the virus and how it might affect the world directly impacted the market’s output and demand for copper. Due to a lack of interest from the product’s end users, the demand further decreased. Even so, by the end of 2021, production and demand for the paste showed consistent increases.
Copper Paste Market: Competitive Landscape
- Some of the main competitors dominating the global copper paste market include- Shoei Chemical (Japan), Tatsuta (Japan), Sumitomo Metal Mining (Japan), Chang Sung Corporation (Korea), Wurth (Germany), Heraeus (Germany), Liqui Moly (Germany), FUCHS Group (Germany), Ampletec (Taiwan), WEICON (Germany), Fenghua Advanced Technology (China), MOTOREX (Switzerland), NOF America (U.S.), Hitachi Chemical (Japan), and Sinocera (China)
The Global Copper Paste Market is segmented as follows:
Copper Paste Market by Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Low Temperature Sintered
- Medium Temperature Sintered
- High Temperature Sintered
Copper Paste Market by Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Copper Paste Market by Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
|Copper Paste Market Report Scope
|Market Size Value in 2022
||USD 280.20 million
|Revenue Forecast in 2030
||USD 669.38 million
||CAGR of 11.5 % from 2023 to 2030
|Base Year for Estimation
||2017 – 2022
||2023 – 2030
||Revenue in USD million and CAGR from 2023 to 2030
||Revenue forecast, company ranking, Trends
competitive landscape, and growth factors
||Type, Application, and Region
||North America; Europe; Asia Pacific; Latin America; Middle East & Africa
||U.S.; Canada; U.K.; Germany; China; India; Japan; Brazil; Mexico and Others
|Key Companies Profiled
||Shoei Chemical (Japan), Tatsuta (Japan), Sumitomo Metal Mining (Japan), Chang Sung Corporation (Korea), Wurth (Germany), Heraeus (Germany), Liqui Moly (Germany), FUCHS Group (Germany), Ampletec (Taiwan), WEICON (Germany), Fenghua Advanced Technology (China), MOTOREX (Switzerland), NOF America (U.S.), Hitachi Chemical (Japan), and Sinocera (China)