The Global Battery Production Machine Market Size Was Worth USD 7.10 Billion In 2022 and is Estimated to Grow to USD 32.84 Billion by 2030, with a CAGR of Approximately 21.1 Percent Over the Forecast Years From 2023 To 2030.
Battery Production Machine Market Overview
Global battery production is increasing as the demand for energy storage is increasing day by day. Companies are working on newer technologies to manufacture more sustainable batteries which can be used for a longer period. Demands for batteries for EVs have increased, which in turn has increased the production of battery-producing machines. The increase in the production of lithium-ion giga factories has also been a factor in driving the market. The high cost of investment in industries and machinery has restrained the market. There are several alternatives also present for battery-producing machines. To gain more market share, it is necessary to build up high-quality machines and connect them to an efficient process. The problem for this target is the diverse process chain.
The exponential increase in COVID-19 cases worldwide has placed a heavy load on the energy storage industry. The lead-acid battery era is coming to an end, and the world is moving toward a future where lithium-ion batteries will take their place and increasingly replace transportation fuels. The market for lithium batteries has been impacted by the epidemic. The main area of growth has been in electric cars, even though lithium batteries are employed in several significant medical equipment, including the ventilators that have been essential throughout this epidemic (EVs). But the world EV sales have been down to 43% in the covid times, heavily decreasing the battery-producing machine market sale.
Battery Production Machine Market Drivers
Manufacturing of lithium-ion batteries has greatly increased in recent years. There are now a few big factories on the continent, and by 2025, that number is expected to increase. The rise in demand is attributable to Europe’s commitment to the introduction of more electronic vehicles, particularly the British government’s policy mandating that all new cars offered for sale be electric by 2040 and completely phase out internal combustion engines nationwide by 2050. Lithium-ion batteries are a staple of everyday life, powering everything from electric vehicles to electric toothbrushes and smartphones and laptops. As the demand for lithium-ion batteries rises even further due to new products and programs in the electric vehicle sector, so does the demand for one of the key components of these batteries: manganese.
Starting a battery production plant business may require purchasing some equipment, whether that’s for producing the product or packaging the goods or equipment needed in the back office. The market for lithium-ion batteries is expected to grow significantly due to the increase in the usage of many gadgets. The setup cost is high and requires substantial capital investment, which acts as a restraint to the production of the battery machines. The battery production machinery includes various kinds of machines that are involved in different processes which makes them specific for the work and costly.
|Battery Production Machine Market Report Scope
|Market Size Value in 2022
||USD 7.1 billion
|Revenue Forecast in 2030
||USD 32.84 billion
||CAGR of 21.1 % from 2023 to 2030
|Base Year for Estimation
||2017 – 2022
||2023 – 2030
||Revenue in USD million and CAGR from 2023 to 2030
||Revenue forecast, company ranking, Trends
competitive landscape, and growth factors
||Machine Type, Battery Type, Application, and Region
||North America; Europe; Asia Pacific; Latin America; Middle East & Africa
||U.S.; Canada; U.K.; Germany; China; India; Japan; Brazil; Mexico and Others
|Key Companies Profiled
||Wuxi Lead Intelligent Equipment Co Ltd (China), Shenzhen Yinghe Technology Co Ltd (China), Hitachi Ltd (Japan), Schuler Group (Germany), Durr Group (Germany), The Bühler Holding AG, Guangdong Lyric Robot Automation Co Ltd, Manz AG, Nordson Corporation, Rosendahl Nextrom GmbH
Battery Production Machine Market Segmentation
The global battery production machine market has been segmented into machine type, battery type, and application.
- Based on battery type, nickel cobalt aluminum (NCA), nickel manganese cobalt (NMC), and lithium iron phosphate (LEP) are segments of the global battery production machine market. The nickel cobalt aluminum (NCA) category dominated the market in 2021. NCAs are used as active material on the positive pole (which is the cathode when the battery is discharged). While the anode material of NCA is constructed of nickel-cobalt-aluminum, each letter denoting the chemical initials of the linked elements, NCA is an anode material consisting of three materials of nickel-cobalt-manganese in a certain proportion. A solid that is gray, red-gray, brown, or black and is insoluble in water is known as lithium iron phosphate (LEP). Because it can be utilized to create a lithium-ion battery that can also be used in electric vehicles, nickel cobalt aluminum (NCA) is a market leader.
- Based on application, the global battery production machine market is segmented into renewable energy and industrial. IN 2021, the renewable energy category dominated the market. Scaling up the use of renewable energy sources and technologies is necessary to secure a sustainable energy future, not just for electricity generation but also for energy storage. Renewable energy helps in maintaining the environmental pollution down. Industrial battery-making machines use non-renewable energy sources but are dominating the market currently, as these are present in a large number as renewable ones come costlier than non-renewable ones.
Due to the easy availability of the raw materials’ big amount of lithium-ion battery production, Asia Pacific is anticipated to have a dominating position in the global market for battery production machines in 2021. The battery production and development techniques are well-established in this region and include the most recent technological advancements. Additionally, the region’s growing electric vehicle demand is a growing market for lithium-ion batteries, which in turn is going to grow the market at a good pace.
Some of the main competitors dominating the global battery production machine market include Wuxi Lead Intelligent Equipment Co Ltd (China), Shenzhen Yinghe Technology Co Ltd (China), Hitachi Ltd (Japan), Schuler Group (Germany), Durr Group (Germany), The Bühler Holding AG, Guangdong Lyric Robot Automation Co Ltd, Manz AG, Nordson Corporation, Rosendahl Nextrom GmbH, and others.
The Global Battery Production Machine Market is Segmented as Follows:
Battery production machine Market by Machine Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Mixing machines
- Coating and drying machines
- Calendaring machines
- Slitting machines
- Electrode stacking machines
- Assembling and handling machines
- Formation and testing machines
Battery production machine Market by Battery Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Nickel Cobalt Aluminum (NCA)
- Nickel Manganese Cobalt (NMC)
- Lithium Iron Phosphate (LEP)
Battery production machine Market by Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Renewable energy
Battery production machine Market by Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America